Director: Sudha Kongara Prasad
Cast: R. Madhavan, Ritika Singh, Mumtaz Sorcar, Nasser, Radha Ravi, Kaali
Irudhi Suttru, a sports film, is an intense emotional drama that highlights the relationship between a trainer and his student having boxing as the background. Madhavan plays the role of a boxing coach who trains a woman boxer, played by Ritika Singh. The movie is about their journey of making her a champion.
• The casting of the film is just perfect. After watching the film, we can’t think of any other actors who could have played these roles.
• Madhavan’s comeback is a strong one as he excels in playing the role of a coach. He has carried off this powerful role extremely well.
• Ritika Singh pulled off her character with so much ease that it’s hard to believe that it is her debut film. Indeed a knockout performance from her!
• Some exceptional work from music director Santhosh Narayanan. Be it the songs or BGM – it adds so much to the emotions of the film.
• Actor Kaali has done a good job. His scenes evoke a few laughs which provide a comic relief to the emotional drama.
• The boxing sequences have been shot in a realistic manner without any over-the-top stunts.
• The dramatic climax brings a sea full of emotions and goosebumps along with it!