Director – Anand Shankar
Starcast – Vikram, Nithya Menen, Nayanthara, Thambi Ramaiah and Karunakaran
Akhilan is an ex RAW agent on a mission to find a drug mafia named Love as he is the reason behind his wife, Meera’s (Nayathara) death. Actor Vikram plays dual roles, of the hero and the baddie. Nithya Menen is the case officer who helps Akhilan track down Love in Malaysia.
• Vikram has delivered a fantastic performances and he shines in both the roles played by him.
• All other actors in the film including Nayanthara, Nithya Menen and Thambi Ramaiah also have done justice to their respective roles.
• A key concept of a drug used by the director helps propel the story of the film every now and then. A clever idea, indeed!
• The film is technically super-strong in terms of cinematography and editing. The look and feel of the movie is very classy and new-age.
• Harris Jayaraj has done an outstanding job with the music department. The background score is superb and it aptly adds to the racy feel of most scenes.
• A perfect twist at the interval block keeps us at the edge of the seat.
• On a closer look, we did find a few logical loopholes here and there… but that’s forgiven!